More than our body needs food, our souls need God. The busyness of our day as well as the idols in our own hearts keep us from prioritizing our relationship with God. Here are three tools that can help you to maintain a rhythm of joy in God in 2019.
- A Bible Reading Plan – Ligonier Ministries (R.C. Sproul) has put out a helpful list of plans for 2019. Consider one from this list to maintain a healthy diet of God’s word: https://www.ligonier.org/blog/bible-reading-plans/
- The man or woman who meditates on God’s word is “like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers” (Psalm 1:3)
- A Prayer Schedule – It is impossible for us to honor God and enjoy Him in our lives if we are not regularly spending time with Him. This is not a burden. It is a great joy to know God delights to fellowship with His creatures. What is your plan this year to grow in prayer? Here is a helpful article to help you consider how to spend more time in prayer: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/prayer-for-beginners
- The disciple that depends upon God honors God: “Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me” (Psalm 50:15).
- A Podcast – If you have a smart phone, you have access to many resources that will equip you as a believer. Here are some I recommend:
- Spurgeon’s Morning & Evening Devotional:
- Ask Pastor John:
- Defending Your Faith: This is not a podcast but it is an excellent list of free apologetics lectures: https://www.monergism.com/blog/ultimate-collection-free-presuppositional-apologetics-lectures
We pray the Lord equips you this year to know Him, glorify Him, and to share Him in all that you do.